I came across this article from Darling and had to share it so women out there either starting their own business or trying to climb the ladder can be inspired and motivated to keep moving forward. I love Melinda Gate’s quote, “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” This is so true, and I think discomfort stops people from leaving a job they may not love, or from starting something they dream of but are too afraid to make the first move. Christine Lagarde’s quote, “It is one of the most important parts of my job, showing that you can’t do it all” resonates with me as well. You aren’t meant to be perfect, and accepting that and learning from your mistakes is part of the growth process.
Here is a link to TED Talks on women, for more inspiration!
– Michelle Obama; Current US First Lady. Forbes Rank No. 13
Do what you love and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.
– Meg Whitman; Current President and Chief Executive Officer of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Forbes Rank No. 9
To me, leadership is about encouraging people. It’s about simulating them. It’s about enabling them to achieve what they can achieve and to do that with a purpose.
– Christine Lagarde; Managing Director, International Monetary Fund. First woman to become finance minister of a G8 economy, and is the first woman to head the IMF. Forbes Rank No. 6
It is one of the most important parts of my job, showing that you can’t do it all.
– Angela Ahrendts; Senior Vice President of retail and online stores at Apple and former CEO of Burberry. Forbes Rank No. 15
Listening to others, especially those with whom we disagree, tests our own ideas and beliefs. It forces us to recognize, with humility, that we don’t have a monopoly on the truth.
– Janet Yellen; First woman to hold position as Chair of the United States Federal Reserve. Forbes Rank No. 3
Women’s strength, women’s industry, women’s wisdom are humankind’s greatest untapped resource.
– Michelle Bachelet; President of Chile and the first woman to serve as such. Forbes Rank No. 18
I understand that the end does not justify the means. And this should be a lasting value for democracy.
– Park Geun-hye; Eleventh and current President of South Korea and the first woman to be elected as President in South Korea. Forbes Rank No. 12
If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.
– Melinda Gates; Businesswoman, philanthropist, and co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Forbes Rank No. 4
Growth and comfort do not coexist.
– Ginni Rometty; President and CEO of IBM and the first woman to head the company. Forbes Rank No. 11
At the end of the day, don’t forget that you’re a person, don’t forget you’re a mother, don’t forget you’re a wife, don’t forget you’re a daughter.
– Indra Nooyi; Current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo. Forbes Rank No. 14
When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.
– Angela Merkel; Germany’s first woman chancellor and leader of the Christian Democratic Union. Forbes Rank No. 1