While grocery shopping the other day I picked up the latest Seattle Magazine that featured best outdoor patio dining in the city. Living in Seattle we trudge through the fall and winter months soaked in rain and shivering under gloomy grey skies… so when the summer hits everyone wants to be outside! I absolutely love outdoor dining and there are a surprising amount of places that pop up out of nowhere to feed Seattleites’ thirst for al fresco dining. I have a few favorites already, but I found some new spots and am so excited to try them out!
1. Poppy on Broadway: Happy Hour Sunday – Thurs 5.00 – 6:30pm. Cocktail – Block Party with gin, cucumber, lemon, rosewater and peppermint // Food – lamb osso bucco braised with malay flavors
2. Ponti Seafood Grill in Fremont: Happy Hour 4:00-6:30pm and 9:00pm-Close. Drink – white wine // Food – Pacific NW raw oysters
3. Bottlehouse in Madrona: Happy Hour 3:00 – 6:00pm. Drink – red wine // Food – cheese plate
4. St. Clouds in Madrona: Happy Hour M-F 5:00 0 6:30pm. Cocktail – Thai lemon drop // Food – frilled fig and goat cheese bruschetta, ahi tuna
5. Marination Ma Kai in West Seattle: Happy Hour M-F 3:00 – 6:00pm. Drink – cold beer // Food – tacos or pork sliders
P.S here’s a pic of me drinking Rose at Serafina last summer!