Oysters are my absolute favorite food on earth! They taste like the ocean in your mouth, they can be made so many different ways, and they are known to be an aphrodisiac. I like raw oysters with a bit of horseradish and cocktail sauce the best, and a good bottle of cold, crisp white wine alongside them. Luckily you can find them made just this way in many restaurants across Seattle area. Here are some great places to get oysters in Seattle:
1. Ray’s Boathouse (classic 1/2 dozen oysters $19)
2. Chippy’s (delicious oyster shots with ponzu and seaweed, $3 each)
3. Anthony’s (can’t beat the view downtown on the waterfront)
4. Ballard Annex Oyster House ($1 oyster happy hour on Fridays!)
5. Ballard Farmer’s Market (buy your own oysters and shuck them on Sundays)
Here is a link from Seattle Eater with Seattle’s best 8 oyster happy hours, I will have to try some of these out!