Taking inspiration from one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere, I have put together a summer to-do list. It feels as though summer has been here for quite a while already thanks to the gorgeous weather Seattle has had! I am looking forward to many days filled with beaches, nature and good food, and many nights filled with bonfires, rose and fireworks.
1. Paddle Boarding at Aqua Verde – I actually did this last month and had such a blast on Lake Union! The views of the city of gorgeous from the water and you get to paddle past all of Seattle’s adorable houseboats. Afterwards, get margaritas and tacos at Aqua Verde or Little Water Cantina in East Lake.
2. Camping – I don’t care where I camp, I just want to get away for a weekend and set up tent! Either Mt. Ranier, Crescent Lake or somewhere in Oregon.
3. Barbecue with friends at Golden Gardens Park in Ballard
4. Attend SAM Remix (Seattle Art Museum) at the sculpture park
5. Spend 4th of July on Lake Tapps – My family live on the lake and we always have friends and family come down from Canada to visit!
6. Outdoor Summer Concert – I am hoping to get tickets on Craigslist for this, either at Chateau St. Michelle Winery or Marymoore Park
7. Hiking – I would love to hike either Crystal Mountain or Rattlesnake Ridge on a week day when the trails aren’t so packed.
8. Vancouver / Whistler Weekend
9. Pick Strawberries – this is such a fun activity to do with kids but I would totally go on my own to get a crate of strawberries.
10. Tube down a river with drinks – I still haven’t managed to ever try this, but it sounds like so much fun!
Have a wonderful summer everyone xoxo